Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Armed and dangerous

I've come to the conclusion that my body is convinced that there will be an impending famine or that the earth will freeze over at some stage of it's life. It's the only way I can explain the food cravings I've had my whole life. Eat too much and I put on weight. Diet and I lose some of the weight but not all the weight and then we start again. Slowly building up this soft, cushion like reserve for when Woolworths Foodstore is not open or we experience a phenomenon like "The Day After Tomorrow" . The problem is that this fine summer's morning I discovered that most of my pants from last summer do not fit me. The elasticated ones do....but only at a stretch.

So I've spent the better part of this morning trying to get my mind around the reality of having to lose weight. Well, now my mind is rolling on the floor laughing hysterically at me, saying "yeah right, now pass a biscuit please". Yes, I know what I need to do to lose weight. Don't we all. My fridge is full of healthy stuff like raw veggies for a raw food diet and my very own website has an endless list of all the benfits of being healthy.

I think I need to try a different approach. A more holistic one. Hmm anything to make the pain of dieting go away. So while I poke my mind with a carrot stick and suck in the post-preganacy pouch, I'll try to avoid the urge to whip up some cheese sauce to pour over the veggies.

No comments: